We buy a cake every 8th day of the month for Baby C's monthly birthday celebration. Since Baby C's 10th month fell on a Sunday (his cooking and baking day), Doc A decided to bake her a moist chocolate cake. Doc A approximately spent only P350 - P400 for the ingredients. Modesty aside, this is the best moist chocolate cake I have ever tasted. Not so sweet, the cake was just as good after the last bite as with the first!
I invited a chocolate addict officemate and her daughter for some slices and three days after, she was still raving about the cake. She narrated that her daughter likes the cake so much that when she left the cake at school and found it the next day in the lost and found, she still ate it (without her knowledge but with the consent of the yaya).
Below are some pictures during Baby C's 10th month celebration.
|9 inches moist, fudgy and yummy chocolate cake. |
Pardon the lettering by yours truly.
|Happy 10th month Baby C!|
|Ooops! Baby's first taste of chocolate. Tsk!|
|With Ate Vina and Hannah. Baby looking at her cake.|
Now for the recipe (with slight variation from the "Baking Secrets" by Rudolf Vincent T. Manabat):
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups evaporated milk
- ½ cup melted chocolate
- 1 sachet Nescafe 3 in 1 coffee
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 9-inch baking pans .
- In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, refined sugar, eggs, milk, melted chocolate, and vanilla extract . Beat until smooth and blended.
- Sift the remaining ingredients then add to the oil mixture, stirring until there are no traces of flour.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean with few moist crumb.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
- Melt chocolate on a double boiler. Cool, then use as a frosting.
- Use white chocolate as lettering on the cake.
Happy Baking! Thanks for stopping by! =)