Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tony and Jackey Salon Makeover

To REBOND or to PERM?  That's what I've been comtemplating to do for months!  Now that Baby C is more that 10 months and breastfeeding experts said that breastfeeding mommies can rebond, perm or color their hair, it's about time that I do something about my unruly hair.

My last chemical treatment was way back August 2010.  I had my hair permed at Soyeux Cheveux and it lasted until October 2012 when I finally chopped off the remaining curls.  I enjoyed my curls back then because there was never a bad hair day.  I really want a perm but it is high maintenance compared to rebond.  Since I'm a busy working mom.. should I have a rebond or a perm again?

I finally answered that question last Thursday.  I had a perm at Bang's Tony and Jackey (168 Shopping Mall).  I enjoyed the 50% discount privilege given to 168 employees.  That's 50% discount on top of their promo price! The management also gave me 30% discount coupons to give to my friends.  I even have some extra coupons to give to my readers.  If you're thinking to have your hair done by Tony and Jackey, leave a message here so I can give you a coupon.  I still have 3 coupons with me which will expire on October 26, 2013.





Here are some pictures taken inside their salon.






I availed the Loreal X-Tenso Setting Perm Package which includes X-Tenso Setting Perm, Keratin Treatment and Haircut.  I also had my hair colored.  The total cost should have been P13,000.00 but because of the promo and the 50% discount, I only paid P4,500.00.  

Is it worth it?  Yes!  

Promo
Here's what they did to my hair:

Step 1. Wash.

 Step 2. Keratin Treatment.

Chikahan!
Keratin Treatment and complimentary coffee
 
Step 3. Steam.

Step 4. Wash again.

Step 5. Blow dry.

Step 6. Haircut.  

Step 7. X-Tenso Setting Perm application.

3 assistants applying the Loreal X-Tenso Setting Perm 
 
Step 8. Digital Perm Machine for about 15 minutes.

This is Minerva, the hair stylist assigned to me.  She's a Pinay and not a Korean.
Step 9. Perm Neutralizer.


Step 10. Hair color.

Step 11. Steam again.

Step 12. Wash for the third time.

Step 13. Blow dry and style.

Tadaaaaannn! 

Front View

Back View

Side View


The whole procedure lasted for about 4 hours but i was not bored a bit because of their digital mirror which turns into a screen where you can watch music videos, movies or surf the net.  The stylist can also take your photo using this magic mirror and you can see how the different hairstyles will look on you.

Magic Mirror and wireless keyboard with mouse.

When I got home, Baby C did not recognize me. She starred at me for a couple of minutes with a "Mommy ko ba to?" look on her face.  Hubby on the other hand asked me "Sino po kayo?".  Sobrang makeover!  Thanks Bang's Tony and Jackey Salon, Ms. Minerva and to her assistants.     

Hair should not be washed for 48 hours.  This is Day 2.  Loving my hair!

Bang's Tony and Jackey Salon
6/F Wellness Center
168 Shopping Mall
Soler St., Binondo, Manila
Tel No. 2546388

9 comments:

  1. wow 50% off on top of their promo? sulit na! like your new look sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! sobrang unruly na talaga ng hair ko because of post-partum hair loss! ang daming tutchang! =)

      Delete
  2. nice. what hair color po?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Ms. Minerva said she mixed the colors to get a result na bagay sakin. She can't give the answer. =)

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh. Had i known about this sumali ako.. I wanted digiperm from tony and jackey for the longest time but i heard it costs a fortune. I love your hairrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. I noticed they always have a promo naman. =)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I just want to share my experience at tony and jackey's for your readers so they'll know what to expect. I just had my hair permed yesterday and im quite satisified with the outcome since I really wanted to have loose curls. What i dont like though, is the fortune i spent considering i availed their P3000 promo.

    So anyway, I availed metrodeal's promo for rebonding or digiperm at t&j for P3000 (original price stated in the voucher is P8500) but i still ended up spending P9000 for my digi perm. After spending that much, I realized Tony & jackey's goal is to suck all the money that you have. They don't really care about your hair. Yes, they do analyze your hair but it isn't really important because they'll say your hair is damaged and will advise you to avail several treatments. Mejo nashock ako kc they really made me feel na super damaged ung hair ko. Ni wala nga akong split ends e! So sbi nla, you have to get the keratin treatment (P4000) kc daw pag nag perm pangit daw ung labas since d daw healthy hair ko. So ako nman ayoko nmang mag mukang knuryente ung hair ko so go nman ako. Tpos d pa cla ntpos don, sbi nla my hair will look flat daw and limp kc alang color. Offer nnman skn ng P3500 na hair color na loreal. So sbi ko ala nkong budget for that tpos super knulit nman nla ko sa koren color (cheaper version which costs p2000). I know ako yung tanga kc nagpa-uto ako. Pero kc i believe them kc frst time ko sa knla and i know na cla ung expert.

    So to make the long story short, laki ng total na ngastos ko (3000+4000+2000) mganda sa kung sa mganda ung effect pero gang ngyn naguguilty ako sa ngastos ko sobra. Ang point ko lng is, mga sis kung ppnta kya don be prepared na kulitin kayo. Ang style nla is ssbhn na super panget ng hair mo you need this and that treatment kaya naniniwala ka nman. Then you'll end up spending a fortune for their service. Aun lng, sori for the rant. just be prepared lng.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sisses!
    ako naman kaka pa loreal digital rebond with volume ko lang yesterday, I paid 5000 pesos para sa keratin treatment, haircut, at yung loreal rebond, e nagpavolume ako kasi ayoko ng straight na rebond kaya nagadd ng 1000, total 6000. 50% off daw yung loreal digital/perm etc which supposedly be about 9000. so siguro sulit nadin.

    ang problema lang nagpunta ako hapon na, after work that is why parang minadali yung pagtreat sa hair ko. jusko napaso pa anit ko ng plantsa but anyway okay lang at mabait naman mga staff.

    I also have a free keratin treatment which can be availed within a month. so medyo okay na din haha pero tulad ni ate nalula din ako sa pag splurge ko for my hair. kasi dapat yung 3000 lang iavail ko aqua digital/perm something, e damaged daw hair ko etc. dry etc. haha kaya dapat yung loreal something so actually totoo medyo maraming panlalait hahaha! pero okay lang dahil sadyang ilang beses ako nagcocolor ng hair.

    dun nman sa volume hindi naman totally bouncy o katulad nung nasa pictures nila yung volume. saktong nakapaloob lang ng konti pero pa straight padin. so balak ko din pacheck kung yun na ba talaga yung volume haha kung yun na then wala na ko magagawa.

    i'll try to go back kasi yung ilang parts ng hair ko sa dulo kulot na parang patay na buhok haha! kaya ipapatrim ko yun hopefully for free na yon. kundi another 500 shet lang haha!

    anyway hopefully pag nabasa na yung hair okay padin after.
    nice perm nga pala ate, hopefully next time pag mahaba na buhok ko perm naman haha!
    stay fab sisses!=)

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll gladly answer them. =)