Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Ceelin Plus Syrup

Baby C was exclusively breastfed for Six (6) months.  She did not take any vitamins, water or solids.  Just pure breastmilk.  Breastmilk is sufficient as the sole source of nutrition for the first 6 months.  However, after 6 months, baby's diet needs supplementation by introducing solid food.  

When Baby C turned Six (6) months, aside from solids, I also started giving her multi-vitamins.  I thought this was enough until Baby C caught a bad cold giving her cough and congested nose.  It was so severe that her pedia prescribed antibiotics and we even bought a nebulizer for her.  At first I don't want to give the antibiotics because she was just 8 months then but I was advised that it might lead to pneumonia.

Barely a month had passed, I saw the symptoms again - congested nose, coughing and lost of appetite.  My sister-in-law, Florence, advised me to give Ceelin Drops.  To my relief, the cold symptoms went away after 5 days.  Since then, I have been religiously giving Baby C 1 ml of Ceelin Drops everyday together with her vitamins and lots of nutritious food.  Ceelin Drops is pure ascorbic acid.

Then I saw Ceelin Plus which is Vitamin C plus Zinc.  Very timely, I received bottles of Ceelin Plus from Unilab to review.  Since Baby C is now 1 year old, with the permission of her pedia, we replaced her Ceelin Drops with Ceelin Plus Syrup.   According to Unilab, combination of Ascorbic Acid and Zinc results in a dual immunity boosting action and a stronger immune system.

Ceelin Drops is effective to Baby C.  Since I gave her Ceelin, there was no frantic calls to her Pedia anymore. With Ceelin Plus, aside from the dual immunity boost in her immune system, the zinc will also aid her growth.


Thank you Unilab for these free samples.
Let me end this post with a warning.  I know people double dosing Vitamin C intake whenever they feel a common cold coming up.  For our kids especially babies, please consult first with your Baby's Pedia before increasing the recommended dosage of their Vitamin C.  According to Alagang Pinoy Vitamin C overdose has an undesirable effects.  Prolonged intake of Vitamin C in excess of 2 grams per day may lead to nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and nose bleeds.  Likewise, zinc overdose will lead to gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea and vomiting with doses of elemental zinc greater than 30 mg. 

Disclosure:  I received some samples herein mentioned to review.  I did not receive any compensation for my thoughts and the content of this blogpost is not in any way influenced by the product sponsor.


1 comment:

  1. Benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.

    Mag Ceelin pra walang sakit si baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll gladly answer them. =)