Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Breastmilk Storage Guidelines Specifically for the Philippines

While still pregnant, I got confused with the different breastmilk storage guides I learned in seminars and read in books and in the internet.  In the end, I made my own time frame for my expressed milk and of course, I trust my nose and taste buds.

Last May 2013, one of the admins of Breastfeeding Pinays on Facebook posted guidelines which is specifically made for the Philippines.   This guide has helped a lot of breastfeeding moms especially those who needs to transport their milk or those working with no refrigerator at home. For those not yet members of Breastfeeding Pinays, sharing to you this breastmilk storage guidelines from the Trainer's Reference Manual "Gabay kay Nanay sa Tamang Pagpapasuso". 


 
There is also a manual consisting of 30 pages which discusses among others the perils of giving formula milk, the importance of breastfeeding, about the "Unang Yakap" Protocol, why breastfeed for two years and beyond and correcting misconceptions about breastfeeding.  If you are pregnant, mix feeding or formula feeding, I encourage you to take a look at this manual.  It is written in Tagalog by well-known breastfeeding gurus in our country and it contains everything you have to know about breastfeeding.  For the link to the manual, please click HERE.



:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll gladly answer them. =)