Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Healthy and Nutritious Meals by The Good Box


I used to eat whatever I like.  But when I reached my 30's, I started thinking about my health and as much as possible, I try to eat a balanced diet.  I started preferring vegetables over meat, and fruits over chocolates or ice cream.  But I eat a lot!

Luckily, I still have my slim figure (thanks to breastfeeding!).  The only time when I went on a diet was when I was pregnant because I was advised by my OB-GYNE not to eat too much so my baby will not be too big.  And it was really hard for me.

Admittedly, when I received my one whole day meals from The Goodbox PH, my initial reaction was, "Hmmm, looks yummy, but I'll definitely starve!".  Then I thought, hey, I'm a breastfeeding mom!  1200 kcal is definitely not enough for me.


When I checked their website, I was correct, 1200 kcal is not enough for me.  Phew!  I was relieved.  At least I can eat more than what they have sent me.  For my age, height and activities and because I am not on a diet, I need at least 2000 kcal. To know your calorie requirements, please click HERE.

I got really hungry around 4pm after pumping my breastmilk so I had a merienda other than the cookies included in the package.  When I stop breastfeeding, I really need to cut down on calories.


The Good Box is a healthy and nutritious food delivery service that offers healthy and delicious menus for everyday meals 5 meals a day, 5 days a week.  They will deliver the meals a day earlier with an instruction to immediately put them in the refrigerator and just reheat the next day before eating.

Their Executive Chef comes from Enderun Colleges, one of the most prestigious culinary schools in the country. The rest of the group have unique talents in creative design and people management, health and nutrition, marketing and corporate affairs.

The Good Box Meal Delivery Programs has six (6) different calorie menus for everyday of the week: 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400 and 2700 calories, to help you achieve your goals, whether it be slimming down, maintaining your weight, or trying to gain it.  

An important factor to living a healthy lifestyle is having a well-balanced diet. Their nutritionist makes sure that all your meals have the correct balance and proportion as each meal is carefully studied, revised, and finalized for maximum benefit.  The Good Box will count the calories for you.

So what did they prepare for me?


My one day supply of healthy and nutritious food
BREAKFAST:



For breakfast, I had Mixed Vegetable and Cheese Sandwich, coffee and orange with the total of 320 kcal.  I was happy when I saw that I have coffee.  As soon as I woke up, I reheated the coffee and drunk it up to the last drop.  I like it because it is not so sweet and not so bitter.  Tamang-tama ang timpla!  The vegetables in the sandwich are still crunchy and the orange is still fresh.

AM SNACK


I had a fresh homemade smoothie for AM snack with 150 kcal.  It has lychees and it taste really good.  Again, not too sweet, perfect for me!

LUNCH


I had Nutty Chicken Penne and salad for lunch with a total calorie count of 300 kcal.  The pasta was a bit bland (because they deliberately used less sodium) but the chicken was tasty.  I finished everything in less than 8 minutes!

PM SNACK


For PM Snack, I had two pieces oat cookies.  Imagine eating cookies without any guilt?   This is 120 kcal.  I had these cookies around 3:00pm and at around 4pm, I got hungry and ate noodles.

DINNER


I had Tofu Tacos and Vegetables Sticks for 300 kcal.  The tacos has carrots, lettuce, raddish, tofu and white cheese.  The salsa went perfectly well with the tacos.  The vegetable sticks were still crunchy and yehey, there was a Thousand Island Dressing.


VERDICT


The Good Box is worth trying especially if you want to loose weight or required to be on a special diet because of a health condition.  If you are too busy to prepare healthy and yummy meals for yourself, The Good Box is also for you.

PRICING


MEAL PROGRAMS: 5 meals a day, 5 days a week


1200 Calorie Menu – Php 2,750

1500 Calorie Menu – Php 3,000

1800 Calorie Menu – Php 3,250

2100 Calorie Menu – Php 3,500

2400 Calorie Menu – Php 3,750

2700 Calorie Menu – Php 4,000

South Beach Diet Php 3,000


Special Diet (Diabetic, Gout, Hypertensive, etc) - Calorie price + Php 250


For more information about The Good Box, please visit

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thegoodboxph       
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thegoodboxph
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thegoodboxph
Numbers: 0917-711-1732 / 0925-346-6329
Email: thegoodboxph@gmail.com
                                                                                              
Special thanks to Lani Lyutz of Tweensel Mom, Mommy Bloggers Philippines and The Good Box for this opportunity.

:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll gladly answer them. =)