Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

DIY Floor Puzzle Tutorial

Yesterday, Baby C wanted to paint so I drew an apple and a banana in a cardboard for her to color.  While writing letter "A" for apple, Baby C shouted "AH", and after I wrote the letter "B" on the banana, she said "BA"!  Wow!  That was a confirmation that she really knows those letters already.  


I gave Baby C the materials and she immediately went to work.  I bought our non-toxic and washable tempera paints and brushes from Ma'am and Moms.

In deep concentration. Shhhh..

After she finished coloring the pictures, I asked myself what to do with them aside from keeping them in an envelope for her to see in the future.  Then I had an "Ah-ha!" moment.  I'll make them a floor puzzle! 




Here's what you will need to make a DIY Floor Puzzle for your child:

1. Your child's artwork (or you can just look for a picture in the internet and print it or cut a picture from a magazine.)
2.  Corrugated Carton Box or simply "karton"
3.  Scissors and cutter
4.  Pencil, ruler and eraser
4.  Glue
5.  Ten Peso Coin
5.  Clear packaging tape (optional)
Here's how:

1.  Retouch your child's artwork.


Daddy wrote the Chinese Characters!

2.  For a 4-piece puzzle, use your ruler and pencil and divide the picture into four equal parts.  

3.  Place your 10 Peso coin in the middle of the line to get a perfect semi-circle.

  
4.  Paste the picture in the corrugated carton box then cut them together.



5.  To have a laminated effect, cover the puzzle pieces with a clear packaging tape.



6.  If you want a "housing" for your floor puzzle, before cutting the board into pieces, use a cutter and ruler to cut the edge of the board (about 1/2").  Then paste the edge in another corrugated board, cover the board with a bond paper.



I made this floor puzzle reversible to save time and materials.  So I have a 2-in-1 floor puzzle!




Reversible Floor Puzzle

If you like this blogpost, show some love by liking Legal Mom Archives on Facebook.

Have Fun!



Mommy Edel

:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll gladly answer them. =)